Acme Canine Resource Center is a local, small but growing dog boarding and training company located in Lewis Center Ohio. We have been in business since 2004 and started like many dog training companies, with a few crates, a passion for dogs and some dog trainers who enjoyed sharing their knowledge and collaborating with dog owners. However, as our business began to grow and as we had the opportunity to work with various clients, we learned an important lesson that changed how we ran our business. We learned that while clients thought they wanted obedience lessons or a crate for their dog to stay, what they really needed was help solving canine behavior issues and a structured low stress environment to serve as a home away from home for their dog. Acme Canine started as a dog training company but ended up being a canine resource company that enjoys using their knowledge and experience as dog trainers to help customers solve the problems they have on a daily basis with their dogs.
Acme Canine is currently hiring for the position of Staff Leader. We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, organized, energized individual, who is happy, and has the desire to work in an environment with like-minded people. The Staff Leader position is a pivotal role in our efforts to manage and effectively communicate client expectations with our staff. This person has an exceptional ability to facilitate all forms of communication, internally and externally, in order to most effectively meet our client’s expectations. As the primary point of contact to our key clients, the Staff Leader has excellent organizational and coordination skills to manage the needs of our clients. The Staff Leader has a strong ability to influence others in order to gain reasonable and acceptable solutions to challenges that arise.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
1. Assumes responsibility for managing.
- Manages incoming communication from clients. Answers questions, seeks answers to client inquiries, or directs calls.
- Crafts professional documentation.
- Manages client reporting and other client/staff communication.
- Seeks new opportunities for Acme Canine.
- Prepares and approves client billing and invoicing.
- Manages project scope and project change orders.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective work relations, communication, and coordination with Acme Canine personnel and management
- Utilizes effective communication while tracking progress of assigned projects.
- Keeps Kennel Manager, Office Assistant and the staff informed of all activities with meeting project objectives.
- Provides prompt and reasonable resolution to all staff and client concerns.
- Maintains accurate and timely required reports and record keeping.
3. Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of inside sales and marketing functions.
- Seeks opportunities to increase existing business within and across current client base.
- Conducts regular communications to develop client relationships.
- Assists with the creation & tracking of projects.
- Supports efforts in writing blogs and articles as-requested.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Provides backup for other personnel as needed.
- Satisfied and retained clients.
- Good working relationships internally with Acme Canine team.
- Company sales and project goals are met or exceeded.
- Clients are well supported in accordance with established company policies and procedures. Quality deliveries of services are timely and correct.
- Management is appropriately informed of significant concerns, area activities and competitive conditions.
Education: Secretarial Degree, with knowledge in business, communication or related fields, or work experience equivalent.
- Satisfied and retained staff and clients.
- Knowledge of what it takes to provide quality service and world class canine care.
- Good knowledge of company products and services.
- Understanding of product positioning and competitive conditions.
- Fundamental organizational skills for Account Management.
- Microsoft Office, Quickbooks
Experience Required: 4 + years related work experience in a customer service or office manager position, preferably in the canine care environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Good aptitude in picking up new skills.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and display courtesy and sensitivity, while remaining client-focused, with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Ability to interface with team members and coordinate efforts of project completion.
- Detailed-oriented, well organized, process focused, personable, energetic and teachable.
- Multitasking, able to manage and control multiple ongoing projects at a time.
- Trustworthy, proactive, positive, ambitious, organized, loyal and fun loving.
Base Pay: $14,000- $20,000/ Year
Employment: Part-time, approximately 30 hr/week
Job Type: Customer Service/Office Management
Experience: At least 4 years
Manages Others: Yes
Industry: Canine Care
Required Travel: Minimal & Local
If you are interested in working at Acme Canine, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acme Canine, Llc. is an equal opportunity employer and a cubicle free workplace.