Directions: Choose the correct answer for each of the following questions, then email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The person with the highest score will win an autographed photo from Woofie the Demo Dog.
QUESTION 1: what is a throw-back?
- a puppy that was born backside first
- a dog that resembles a distant ancestral relative that was used to develop the breed
- a dog with a degenerative neck condition that causes head and shoulder jerking
Question 2: what is the name of the 1,200 mile sled race from Anchorage to Nome, Alaska?
- Alaskan 500
Question 3: what is a feral dog?
- a dog born with purely black fur
- a 3-legged dog
- a domestic dog who has revered to the wild
Question 4: which breed’s name means “little captain” in Flemish?
Question 5: what is a sire?
- the first of a litter of puppies
- the head of an ancestral line
- the male parent of a litter of puppies
Question 6: which of the following countries have the highest percentage of dog owners?
- United States
- United Kingdom
Question 7: which is the smallest recorded dog in the world?
- a Yorkshire Terrier
- a Maltese
- a Bolognese
Question 8: World Animal Day is an internationally recognized day commemorating what?
- the founding of the Humane Society of America
- St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals
- Lassie’s birthday
Question 9: what is the largest recorded number of puppies born in a litter?
Question 10: what is the name of King Arthur’s legendary dog?
Quesstion 11: In many American states, dog licensing is compulsory for dogs over 6 months of age. Often fees are higher for what type of dog?
- an aggressive dog
- an unspayed dog
- a large dog
Question 12: what is a “leash law”?
- a law that requires all dogs in public areas be on a leash
- a law that requires all aggressive dogs to be on a leash
- a law that requires one or more dogs to be muzzled