Much like a child, puppies also need to be trained so they would know how to behave, be social, follow basic commands, and learn new skills.
Having a dog for a pet is one of the best things in life. They bring so much joy and love to pet owners. However, much like a child, puppies also need to be trained so they would know how to behave, be social, follow basic commands, and learn new skills. Dogs that are not trained properly can sometimes become ill-mannered, and this could affect the relationship between dogs and their owners.
Dogs will follow rules when they know what those rules are, and this is where dog training comes in. If you have experience in training dogs, you could do so yourself, or you can hire a professional like H&H Dog Training. That said, here are some benefits of training your puppy:
- Strengthens the bond between human and dog. During training, you will know more about your dog and how your dog behaves. You will be more aware of his or her needs, and you will know how to respond to those needs. Your dog will also be able to learn your rules and follow basic commands. As a result of this, both human and dog will have a harmonious relationship.
You will also be able to spend more time with your pet because you will be able to bring them along in public parks or on camping trips without worrying that there’s going to be an incident. A puppy that has not been trained could become ill-mannered towards other humans and their pets. This could bring displeasure to the dog owner, which could affect their relationship with the dog.
- Easier management of the dog. Dogs are capable of following basic commands, even advanced ones. If your dog has had training, it will be easier to manage them. This could also mean you can leave the dog alone in the house without worrying that they’re going to make a huge mess or destroy some things. If your dog is not trained, you will have to leave them in a cage, which will not make the dog very happy at all.
Obeying very simple commands such as going back to you when called or behaving properly when you have guests are some of the things your dog will learn during training.
- You will have a happy puppy. Puppies, much like children, sometimes do not know why you’re angry at them. When you punish them or shout at them for doing something “bad”, they wouldn’t understand it. This is because they have not been trained to avoid doing certain things. Dogs that have been trained know when they’ve done something wrong and accept the consequences of those actions.
When your puppy knows what they can do and which behaviors are forbidden, they will grow up with those rules and have a better relationship with their owner since the latter won’t get angry all the time.
- Training offers safety for your dog. Ill-mannered dogs are not only dangerous to you and your family, but also to other people, and especially to themselves. When you take your dog out for a walk, for example, a trained dog will not simply run out of the house and across the street, where there’s a chance of them getting hit by a car. Also, if the dog has not been trained to be social, they might get in a fight with other dogs or attack other humans. If this happens, you will surely get legal complaints, which will not turn out in favor of your dog. Training your dog early will make them more sociable and able to respond to commands that would prevent endangering anybody.
- Training can correct problematic behavior. There are puppies that have been mistreated, which led to them having problematic behavior. Or perhaps, the puppy simply has a bad temperament. Dog training will be able to help with these issues. Experts study dogs and their body language and learn how to deal with it. These expert dog trainers could also help you understand so you and your puppy will have a better relationship.
Dogs are such blessings to humans. They are caring and intelligent, but they need guidance in order to live harmoniously with their owners. There are people who have been caring for dogs for a long time and know-how to train puppies. However, if you are unsure of what you’re doing, you may want to consider hiring professionals so you are sure that you’re doing things right. Dog training means being consistent with following rules and commands.